Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wk 1- Day 4: Give up Everything

Any of you who doesn't give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:33

My security and independence is what I have to give up to be a true disciple.

I used to have idols like relationships, marriage, and acceptance before Jesus. When I gave up those things I thought I was fully devoted, but I replaced those with comfort, security and independence. I got rid of external things and replaced them with internal things. Those things alone aren't bad so it took me a while to notice, but I see now that those things and 'me' are what I put before following Jesus fully.

I know these things can't compare to the peace that comes from following Jesus' way. Yet they are things I've held on to reduce turmoil. I can't say its been fully effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment